Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Toronto (your love will always fail me)


Close my eyes, watching over morning due. Naked, beyond comprehension, we lie like two mechanicaldeers frozen in the snow. I'll watch over you, as you sleep, listen to bouys tinkling in the fog. Magic realism creeps in, my back hurts, and takes over as the jet lands in Toronto.

Missing you will have to wait until the moon is too full of itself to hold water.

My eyes are soft now, with thoughts of spiders making webs between our toes. Your cigarette smoke lingers in my cord jacket. You know, the red onewith the sailor buttons. You always did like my parliments best. Awoken, breathless, forsaken and cold.

I drink too much, play beethoven on the piano and read a lot of trashy novels. You watch too many late night John Wayne re-runs instead of making love to me. When I'm gone I'll wonder why the sand never holds our shape after we move or if I was the one spared or the only one not invited.

To tell the truth, your mouth was the only home I ever wanted.

No comments: