Friday, February 27, 2009

She's The Dutchess and He's The Duke


Have you heard this band? You should. Go listen. Now. http://www.myspace.com/thedutchessandtheduke

They have this folk-rock edge of the 1960's with a modern twist. Very Neat.

They are on this label named "Hardly Art" which has a number of other neat bands featuring: "The Pica Beats" and "Arther & Yu"

Check it out: hardlyart.com




Here is a poem I've been working on. Something along the lines of "October Poem"

I can get used
to not having you here.
I do not think I knew you well.

I knew your nuances well.
I knew your passion for social logic.
I knew the answers to very few of your questions.

I knew we only depended upon
that morning I woke up
forgot my shirt,
pinned my heart to my wrist instead.
It bled all day.

I knew those lies you told me were true.

I knew you kept anger at your side
as if it were a loaded gun
that you were just waiting to draw

Revenge, you once told me,
is a theory so advanced
it might be admired by saints.

I always took note of your cheap advice

I always believed that we could save
one another
Through obligatory romantic gestures
and silent prayer
I divulge into delusions of grandeur

I know it's just a part of me
waiting for a patient sign
that I can love you
as much as you
hate yourself.

You're looking up at the moon
a lot these days
too drunk to blink
but looking anyways.

No comments: