Tuesday, May 05, 2009

something i have been working on

Degrees of Gray in a Hotel Room between a Church and A Prison

there is a past of all decent regrets
and lives of pacified rejection
it's late at night and i'm drinking alone
the road supplies it's own affection

between a 7-11 and a church of the latter day saints
contemplating gods crooked smile
I'm rejecting the salvation
of half assed revivals

eyes the color of church basement walls
and hair a bible black grey
caught up in love and redemption
the place were saints pray

wandering from town to town
gospel search for gold
merchandise of half hearted hymns
and songs that are only sold
--

In other news I have been spending too much time alone. I am wishing I were a more intriguing person. Something to work towards I guess. If you hear of anything worth while attending -- let me know.

No comments: