Wednesday, August 09, 2006

( I went MAD)


tonight I went out with a friend from a long time running. we were going to go for coffee but nothing is open in this town past 7pm so instead we went for Mexican desserts. after we sat she told me about her crazy friend that I remind her of. her crazy friend overdosed on heroine and checked herself in. we never said it but we both thing I should be checked in. checked in. checked into a mental hospital. a nut house. a cuckoo’s nest. a crazy ward. that’s where we are both thinking I should be.

earlier that day I had swam up the drainpipe and found myself trying to fly off the roof. I found a note in the bottom of a lemonade bottle telling me my soul is tired and needs to be lifted up again. I thought flying would do that.

I haven’t been sleeping well. she tells me her friend had the same problem. I don’t believe her. she asks me what it’s like, I tell her its like a drunk in my head yelling at me throughout the night. she says she’s sorry. I say for what and I tell her she can’t be sorry for something she doesn’t need.

the next morning I found myself on the interstate heading south attempting to validate my past with the hope of future/ he stopped the car at a café with poets lining the bathroom reading poetry. I ask them why they stand there and not somewhere more visible and they say its because more people will listen while having a crap then when they are drinking coffee.
I think they might be right.
back and flying, south like two birds drifting, attempting to solidify ourselves.
together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice marah. great post. u really good at writing , gives me a 'comfortably numb' feel to it.
will keep visiting.