Saturday, April 12, 2008

Documentaries and Poetry




So I watched this documentary the other night. It's really good, well shot and just fasinating. This is how Jim White came into the spotlight, so to speak. After his album Wrong Eyed Jesus (Mysterious Tale Of How I Shouted!) After director Andrew Douglas got his hands on this album he decided to go searching himself for the wrong eyed jesus. He brought Jim White along for the ride and they created a really fantastic film.

We have this book Poetry: an introduction 4th edition by Michael Meyer for my Intro to Poetry course and it has all sorts of intriguing poetry and not to intriguing poetry in it and how to compare, constrast and analyze poetry. While most of my classmates barely read the poetry for the course I have a tendancy to, well, read the entire book. It makes it difficult when trying to remember specific poems but on the whole I feel as if I have been able to grasp a larger concept of the different forms, styles and craft of poetry. While usually I hate anthologies like this I have to admit that it is a rather good resouce to use in the beginning of analyzing poetry.

I also remembered the other day that it is, indeed, April. This means it is national poetry month. This month is really not celebrated as much as it should be.


and this is how I am planning on spending the rest of my weekend:


No comments: